Monday, 20 January 2014

Day 5 - Barry M Matte Nail Polish in Vanilla review

Posted by Runzhi C at 21:06

Hello beauties!

Today I'm bringing you guys a review of the recent Barry M matte nail polish in Nude Vanilla. This a recent release by Barry M, and as the name suggests, it dries with a complete matte finish! Described on their website as "Classic matte nail polish available in a coffee shop collection of warm, wintery colours to compliment this season's grunge trend", I certainly agree that the matte finish leans more towards a natural nail look. The colour range is perfect for autumn/winter; I've bought the Nude Vanilla colour. These were priced at £3.99 found here.


As you can see, the colour is definitely not 'Nude Vanilla'. I'd describe more of a mauve colour with a hint of cream. I expected it to be more nude-y/camel coloured. The wet colour is also more pinky than the final matte finish. In this lighting, the colour looks a lot more of a nude hue (sorry for the bad photography!). It dried darker than I thought it would. Albeit not the colour I was expecting, the almost ashy purple is a perfect classy look for everyday. I am loving the matte finish, as it's not too bold or bright. The lasting power of these matte finishes aren't too much to rave about though: after 5-7 days of busy everyday life, they've obtained quite some chips in them. If you like the colour, and don't mind losing the matte finish look, a top coat can protect the polish. I know you can also get matte topcoats too.

I am in love with Barry M's matte nail polish colours and finish, but not so keen on the lasting power. If you are looking for something classy and elegant, I'd suggest checking this nail polish out! I also want to try the other shades, especially the raspberry colour and the classic black matte polish!

Are you tempted to buy this nail polish? Are you a fan of Barry M nail polishes?

Hope you've enjoyed this review, Follow my blog with Bloglovin, leave a comment, subscribe on Google+, follow me on Instagram (@runzhi_) - I'll definitely check out your blogs too!

5 comments:

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt on 20 January 2014 at 22:11 said...

It's a beautiful, elegant look - I know not everyone likes a matte finish, but I think it's very stylish :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

Mollie Goonan on 27 January 2014 at 19:51 said...

Hey! I nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog. I love your blog and hope you'll be able to check it out! x

www.molliejessblog.blogspot.co.uk

MarianneSophia on 8 February 2014 at 17:28 said...

Wow, I actually love that nail varnish, I think I will have to purchase it! :)

www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

Runzhi C on 19 February 2014 at 22:31 said...

I'd definitely recommend it!

R xx

Runzhi C on 19 February 2014 at 22:38 said...

I agree, I think it's very chic and casual for every day without being overdone! :)

R xx

Post a Comment

 

(500) Days of Make-up Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos