Friday, 21 February 2014

Day 6 - MAC matte lipstick in Mehr review

Posted by Runzhi C at 22:07


Hello beauties!

I had some leftover birthday money, and I thought 'how better to spend it, than on a MAC lipstick?'. This is my first try at the matte lipstick range, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality and pigmentation of their lipsticks! I am lucky enough to have a store in my nearest town, which meant I could have a browse before purchasing. Unfortunately, the colour that I had in mind (Hue) was out of stock so I came out with Mehr, albeit a little apprehensive.


The colour is a lovely pinky nude - it's a 'your lips but better' colour. It was quite dark when swatched, but translates to a pinky rosy colour on the lips. In the bullet, it looks a lot more scary than it is on. I've loved this lipstick to wear out during the day in town, or out for coffee with friends. It's not too in-your-face, and build-able if you want the pinky colour deeper. It's quite a soft colour (if a colour can be 'soft'?), and just hints at colour. When built up, its more of a cool toned pink lipstick without being too bright. The formula is rich and creamy, with a chocolatey scent (similar to Estee Lauder lipstick) and not drying for a matte lipstick at all.
Top: swatch with flash - Bottom: swatch in natural light

I'd definitely suggest this shade if you're looking for an everyday colour, or something pinky without being overbearing! It's one of the lesser heard about shades, but I'd definitely suggest either swatching yourself or trying it on in stores, as the overall finish would change on different people.

Do you like this shade? Are you tempted to try this shade?

Hope you've enjoyed this review, Follow my blog with Bloglovin, leave a comment, subscribe on Google+, follow me on Instagram (@runzhi_) - I'll definitely check out your blogs too!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(500) Days of Make-up Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos